Our Mission is to support curriculum leaders and to champion curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices and policies that enhance learning. The MCLA Board of Directors and its members work together by:
- Promoting and providing professional learning.
- Influencing policy and decision-making.
- Advancing the use of effective practices.
- Developing and fostering partnerships with organizations consistent with our mission.
- Supporting opportunities for networking and sharing.
MCLA's Vision 2020
The Maine Curriculum Leaders’ Association is a recognized expert voice on effective learning practices and their applications in schools and districts. State and local policy makers view MCLA as a non-political source of information and guidance, and seek its participation in the development of state education policy. MCLA’s board, members, and stakeholders develop thoughtful responses to proposed education policies and propose additional approaches necessary to enhance learning in Maine. The Association will:
- Provide high quality, user-friendly technology to promote two-way communication.
- Sponsor rich professional development in conferences, subcommittees, special interest groups, and webinars.
- Fund local action research projects and disseminate results.
- Mentor new curriculum leaders.
Heidi McGinley, Director
Photo credit: Dawnzy